I was tagged a while back by Rebecca at “What Did You Do in School Today?” and she has graciously given me a while to get around to answering her questions. Being a lot more pressed for time during the school year, I am not against a good meme now and then! This one is particularly fun, because it has to do with homeschooling… which if you haven’t noticed by now, is one of my favorite things to talk about!
1) ONE HOMESCHOOLING BOOK YOU HAVE ENJOYED
It is so hard to keep it to ONE book! But here’s my recent favorite: “Educating the WholeHearted Child – A Handbook for Christian Home Education” by Clay and Sally Clarkson
2) ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULDN’T BE WITHOUT
KONOS, KONOS Email List, Library, Internet… the list could go on forever…
3) ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH YOU HAD NEVER BOUGHT
Usborne (Internet Linked) Encyclopedia of World History (first whole 1/4 of book is very imaginative evolution… which I feel has NO place in a history book)
4) ONE RESOURCE YOU ENJOYED LAST YEAR
Not really a resource, but FIELD TRIPS!
5) ONE RESOURCE YOU WILL BE USING THIS YEAR
We are adding some A Beka curriculum, the last few Explode the Code books, “Our 24 Family Ways” Family Devotional by the Clarksons, Latin workbooks, new Draw, Write Now! workbooks… etc…
6) ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULD LIKE TO BUY
Math U See, Piano Lessons, Choir Lessons, and Foreign Language Software/Curriculum… oh… and all the things/books in my WISH LIST at Amazon (linked also in my bottom right sidebar)
7) ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH EXISTED
I think all of the ones I really need are available. I just wish I had a pile of cash to spend on them all!
9) ONE HOMESCHOOLING WEBSITE YOU USE REGULARLY
Free Crossword Puzzle Maker
10) TAG FIVE OTHER HOMESCHOOLERS
1. Amy because she’s way cooler than me (…and has more kids, and her husband is REALLY a rocket scientist!).
2. Heather because I’ve never seen her blog before (looks neat) and she shares my first name.
3. LindaFay because she always has good advice and she lives in Turkey, so she has a unique perspective!
4. Patricia Ann because she’s a homeschool pro.
5. Laura because she’s a swanky web designer.
6. Beth because she can change her blog template more times in a few months than I change my dryer’s lint-catch-thingy.
7. Rhonda because she’s my real-life buddy.
8. Erin because she’s extremely creative.
9. Cindy because she’s way funnier than me.
10. Barbara because she’s got some kind of freaky psychedelic purple bear background on her blog and she’s willing to ditch her homeschool methods and try new things – she’s got GUTS!
Buzz Words: meme, KONOS, goals, learning, unit study, homeschool, homeschooling, education, back to school, parenting, children, plans, teacher, academic, lessons, lesson plans, character, Christian, elementary, subjects, teaching, foreign language, school room, curriculum, school, resources