I wanted to thank Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer for all the prayer traffic she sent this way during Canon’s ordeal. I hope that they will all visit again and continue to pray for Canon’s mother, Carla, as she struggles to move on without her precious boy (she is making funeral arrangements today). It seems there are so many prayer requests in my close circle of family and friends lately that I hardly have time to blog. I would also like to bring up a few additional prayers that have been on the back burners while Canon was struggling for his life. I hope you won’t mind praying for them as well:
1. Continued healing for my mom’s eye (she had cataract surgery this past Friday and had her lens removed and replaced with a plastic one).
2. Teresa (yes, the same one who is friends with Carla – Canon’s mom) has requested prayers for her husband as he goes through the loss of his father who is on hospice right now (and all the other issues surrounding his father’s illness).
3. My friend RG in Texas who had to have his heart shocked because of irregular heartbeat last week (for continued good health and no more problems in this area), and for his father-in-law’s continued health (who had a kidney transplant a while back).
4. My sister-in-law that is going through an ugly divorce at court as I type this. Prayers for her entire family (three children included).
5. Friends in Longview (Texas)… the daddy, Roger (and only surviving parent of two teens James and Jennifer – 12 and 13) was killed in a motorcycle accident. His wife (their stepmother) and his two kids are left behind. His funeral is tomorrow. Please pray for his wife and for the children who are now basically orphaned.
I certainly appreciate your prayers and all the wonderful comments you have all been leaving. I am so behind in comment response that I may have to take a few hours to get to that this afternoon.
I hope that the dust will settle soon and we can return to the fun homeschool and family posts that my blog is usually filled with. Sometimes our priorities have to be re-numbered so that the most important things go before the good things. This past week has been one of those times. Please do return for more fun posting in the future… and may God bless you for your compassion on those in need of prayer.