Unless you run a blog that is about gadgets and gizmos, the iPhone is something that a blogger really shouldn’t have. You see… once you get one, you are instantly able to:
- surf the web (and actually see web pages the way they are supposed to look)
- sync your Outlook contacts, calendar and reminders
- watch YouTube videos and TV
- take pictures and quickly upload them to flickr or Facebook in just a few touches
- play all manner of video games (Pocket Tanks being one of our faves)
- listen to ALL OF your music via a built in iPod
- listen to the radio via Pandora (picking the bands/genre you are interested in) or just tune in to K-Love instantly!
- Google by voice command – hands free!
- use your iPod as a level to hang pictures
- keep up with your Netflix queue
- check the weather
- see what time it is in lots of places at once
- track your driving progress on a trip with an interactive map and get directions
- look through endless amounts of groovy pictures with Cooliris
- check the pollen in your area with Pollen Lite
- find restaurants that have healthy foods (including caloric/nutritional info & menus) and are near you (using GPS)
- track your weight and exercise goals with Lose It
- keep up with baby’s feedings, diaper changes, naps, sleep patterns and medicines
- text your husband to remind him to bring home milk
- calculate the answer to a math problem
- time how long it takes your kids to do the dishes
- read a book on Kindle
- look up a Bible verse at church quicker than anyone who is using a real Bible
- use the device as a flashlight when the power goes out (in a variety of colors)
- twitter about what you saw along the road on your family vacation
- check your email (and actually DELETE G-Mails so you don’t have to do it twice)
oh… and make a phone-call at the touch of a finger after you look up your contact or information on the web about a person or business. I mean just click the phone number from a web page and it connects you to them on the phone!
It’s the coolest thing since sliced bread. I lurve it, y’all. But what a time hog! You hardly want to put the thing down!
My blog is so jealous. But thankfully, my heart for blogging is winning out over this infatuation. I actually put my “phone” in my purse for half a day the other day. I managed to keep it in the daiper bag for most of church service today, too (except when I had to go in the nursing room). I’m planning to get back in the saddle around here in blogland after the site is back up with its new purdy face.
I bet you just stopped in to see if I had redesigned it yet! You sneaky sneak. You’ll just have to wait and see…
…and while I’m waiting on the final touches to be put on my blog design, I’ll be weaning myself off of the iPhone high I’ve been on for the past month. AT&T; certainly knew a good thing when they saw it.