I’m doing it. I’m starting a gratitude list. I figure if it can change Ann’s life (and look how great she is), it can change mine, too. I don’t want to be known as a complainer (something that is so easy to do when we are looking at what we DON’T HAVE rather than what we have). I certainly don’t want to teach my kids to be whiners, either.
I want to be happy. And anyone who has watched Veggie Tales knows that “A thankful heart is a happy heart.” I want to be thankful no matter the circumstance. I want to be the person that someone says about once they are gone, “You know, she never had a bad word to say about anyone or anything.”
Let my voice be an instrument of praise, Lord. Let it always bring You glory and honor.
So here’s my very first official Multitude Monday as part of Ann’s Gratitude Community:
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. Forgiveness and restoration through the blood of Christ. My life turned from dim to bright even though I didn’t deserve it.
2. This Child; who gave me spiritual and physical life, spiritual and physical children…
3. This coming Holiday – the celebration of the true gift of heaven – that He would put on this flesh, this pain and trouble – for me.
4. Family … hands and feet to share the burden and hearts to multiply the joys.
5. (my new “Wookie” boots aren’t bad, either – half off at Payless Shoes per a twitter buddy)
6. New little eyes and fingers (and chins?) discovering the world… meeting the Christmas tree for the first time…
7. Lover of my soul. One True God.
8. Husband, partner… “Best friends with benefits”…
9. My children. Beautiful little people – something wonderful and new from the depths of your heart and womb – life’s moving, breathing, changing, growing masterpiece.
10. Smiles. Connecting lines from face to heart… righting the downs with lips turned up, inviting you to participate in the shared happiness of others…
11. Angels watching over.
12. Acceptance despite flaws. Good to know that imperfection is still lovely and useful.