Today is Kohen’s first birthday party. His first birthday was last week, but we like to milk it in the Bee family. Everyone gets a birthday “WEEK” around here… and some of us get a birthday “MONTH”. Unfortunately, I have to share my birthday month with my husband – and Jesus – so I often have to cut my milking-it short. Plus, there is usually negative amounts of money on and around my birthday to be had. But that’s besides the point.
I don’t write well at 2AM after decorating, cleaning, and cooking all day. You’ll have to forgive me for a photoless, meaningless, randomized, incoherent post (oh, yeah – you always do forgive me for that… I forgot).
Lets see. What do you need to know about before I throw myself down on the bed and try to snatch a few hours sleep before 6:30am:
- The owl decorations the kids made look wonderful with orange and brown streamers and ribbon.
- My vacuum cleaner smells like burnt rubber, so I’m hoping the Roomba can pull double duty tomorrow.
- Gluten free cake mix makes nice cupcakes (we have a few guests who can’t eat gluten).
- Sam’s Club had pussy-willows on sale for less than 4$. I have always been infatuated with them, so I used them in a floral centerpiece with some orange roses.
- I just dropped a gallon jug of orange juice on my toe. I’m not going to tell you if I cussed.
- My desk is clean for the first time in months.
- The baby is standing up unassisted for long periods now – walking is so close!
- Morgan lost a moler today (a tooth, and sorry if I butchered the spelling).
- My yard looks wicked, crazy good after Kaden mowed today.
- I found an extra copy of “Understanding Exposure” on my bookshelf that I’m going to give away on my blog soon.
- I still have 3/4 of the cooking for the party to finish tomorrow.
- I can’t wait to share a detailed account of the event with you – with photos, of course.
- Dag-nab-it… I am GOING to paint the blasted owl on the nursery wall in the morning if I have to stand on my head and recite the ABCs backwards 20 times.
Who has time to worry about the state of the nation when there are 50 owl cupcakes to ice?