I’ve been hiding from the internet lately.
I even contemplated disappearing forever. [Shhhhh.]
I dreamed I deleted my Facebook account and some guys that looked like the ‘Men in Black’ came to the door demanding that I check in on their facebookish site because they suspected that my son was involved in witchcraft activities. Strange, eh? In the dream, I was certain that it was just a ploy by the government to keep me online so they could monitor my internet presence. [I won’t bother to discuss the meanings of such a dream – I choose to live in denial that our government would ever stoop to spying on law-abiding citizens.]
I really shouldn’t be posting things like this. I’ve never been one for political correctness, though. I’m sure you know that by now.
So what would a blogger do while she was avoiding the internet?
* revamping her to-do lists. 4 pages of high expectations.
* making a list of things I’d like to blog about when I emerge from my funk.
* contemplating how many grammar rules I break when I write on my blog.
* grading homeschool grammar pages. being accutely aware i’m a grammar hypocrite.
* wondering where my mouse went after husband moved our school and office piles.
* plotting how to get him back for moving our school and office piles.
* taking care of my mom who went in to the hospital Wednesday and got out yesterday.
* nursing the Viking. pondering weaning before I need a new wardrobe.
* whining about how much it costs to move to WordPress.
* deciding to stay at Blogger for at least another six months.
* feeling guilty for not getting my food reviews done last week.
* ignoring a few thousand emails. [Keep bugging me if it was you. I’ll eventually get to it…]
* reading a lot of blogs through RSS. feeling very unbloggish and irrelevant.
* getting a swap package ready to mail for my Swap Buddy.
* racking up library fees on books that have been overdue for a month.
* planting herbs.
* watching the peppers and tomatoes grow in our raised bed gardens.
* praying, writing in my prayer journal, reading my Bible.
* updating my calendar.
* trying to psych myself out to pay bills (chew glass) since yesterday was payday.
* cleaning up my desk and organizing school stuff.
* rethinking the functionality of our space.
* folding 8,250,945 piles of clean laundry.
* wondering what’s for dinner.
Is it any wonder I’ve been hiding?
Don’t worry. I’ll eventually be back to my usual blog-addicted self.